ARtAngels.

create them. stitch them. embellish them.

share them.


An ARtAngel in Tucson

An incredible brainstorming and shopping invitation from Sue Hausmann has turned into a creative journey to Tucson! I'm loading up the girls, goods and gear and heading west in February to Cathey's Sewing Center to teach embriodery machine owners KreativeKollageTM techniques and making ARtAngels in their hoops...I hope she was kidding when she said her goal was 100 participants! Hey, bring it on Tucson, the more the merrier!
We're always learning and this post holiday season is no exception...it was a tech-ie Christmas for me so I am working on learning new equipment, lighting and the benefits of a photo tent for projects...with the help of' "Fred", my engineer husband who's 'git 'er done' approach to photography has my head spinning. I'm having a flashback to the time when he tried to teach me to golf when we were first married, or skiing just recently or scuba diving a couple years ago...I probably don't need to say much more! I have lots of new pics from my new camera to post here and if you email me, I am happy to share project details and instructions for anything you see on this blog. If you don't own an embroidery machine but would like to make an ARtAngel (all you quilters out there...this would be right up your alley!) I am publishing a pattern of raw edge applique and KreativeKollageTM techniques so you can create along side us! I am also working on kits of my hand-dyed fabrics for you to use for your angel...as you can see, it's a perfect project for your cotton and specialty fabric scraps...making this a very 'green' project. Hopefully you will make several and share them. It's a perfect girls weekend-in project...especially if you live in upstate New York!
Off I go, packing up If Wishes Wore Wings projects to ship to Florida!
Stay tuned if you're local...I'll be doing a lecture/demo presentation for the Candlelight Quilt Guild focusing on ART QUILTS for the traditional quilter ...stay tuned for the date!

Every story has an ARtAngel...what's yours?

*********************************************************